Friday, June 13, 2008

Footprints

Today, I cracked open the secret
of beach's comfort.
It is in placing and losing
my footprints on a sand ocean
of other footprints.
My worst nightmare had Time swishing
and flicking a magic wand,
clearing the sand of all footprints and
offering me the beginning
of footprint time.
I said a quick prayer
that if it comes to it,
I be calm enough to walk, remembering
that in the million footprints to come,
only Time and I would really know
the meanderings of mine...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how this one ends - the ending sort of creeps up on you and makes it come together

Sneha said...

What beach are you near? Or is this entirely dreaming. If you're back in Chennai, email me! <3 <3

xx

p.s. apologies for the mundane comment. It's just that you are so much missed.